As you search for the perfect security screen doors in Phoenix, AZ for your home, business or other property, you should consider more than just the basics, such as materials, installation and finish. There are plenty of other features and enhancements that can help you get the absolute most out of your door for many years to come.
With this in mind, here are some of the most popular features and enhancements available for security screen doors, which you can find in great variety at our shop:
- Mitered corners: We miter the corners to meet specific angles, which allows us to put solid steel on the top and bottom of the corners instead of using open tubes. Tubes are an inferior option, because when the corners are hollow, water can get in and rust the door from the inside out. This also leads to the formation of a rust stain on your stoop or sidewalk over time. If you have chosen a tube frame mount, make sure the tube frame has mitered corners as well. The extra durability and aesthetic value this will provide is more than worth it.
- Closers: You are always going to want a pneumatic closer attached to your security screen door. This helps you to pull the door shut and prevents it from being slammed hard against the frame.
- Spring chains: Spring chains prevent your door from opening too far. These are going to be included with any security screen door, at least in the vast majority of situations. You might, however, want to swap out a chain on a door you already have, or search for a chain that is more durable and will last for much longer. Your chosen security screen door company should be able to help you with this.
- Sill extensions: If you want added protection against bugs, a sill extension can be a big help to ensure there is a tight seal on the bottom of the door. Depending on the type of door you purchase, this may or may not be included, so make sure you find out how much extra it costs to add a sill extension to your door if it is not included. The extra protection against pests will help you avoid plenty of household nuisances.
- Rekeying: Many people like to re-key their doors to match so they don’t have to use different sets of keys. Find out if this is included in your purchase price if this is a service you are interested in.
- Hinges: Hinges should never be welded onto the door—this completely removes any option you have of adjusting the hinge on the door if it settles at all. H-style hinges are your best option for both durability and adjustability. Just make sure they’re properly fastened into place!
For more information about the various extra features and enhancements available for security screen doors in Phoenix, AZ, contact our team today at Eco Advantage Security Doors and Gates.
Categorised in: Security Doors
This post was written by ecoadmin