So you’ve decided it’s time to sell your Mesa, AZ home. Maybe you’re tired of it. Maybe you’ve outgrown it. Or maybe it’s become outdated and you’d rather buy something new or at least new to you than transform it into the home of your dreams. No matter what the case may be, you know you’re going to have to do some renovating before you put your house on the market.
But what are the best home improvements you as a Mesa, AZ homeowner can make right now? You’re addicted to the home improvement channels on tv, but the home remodeling projects they undertake are so expensive. You’re on a budget. How can you manage to put in an entirely new bathroom or kitchen for $18,000 to $70,000 or more? Relax, you’re not going to have to take out a second, third or fourth mortgage on your existing home just to prepare it for sale.
According to the annual Cost vs Value report from Remodeling Magazine and Realtor.com, these 5 top home renovation tasks won’t break the bank and could increase the value of your home. And guess what? None of them involve a new bathroom or kitchen.
1. Attic Insulation: It’s not as exciting sounding as a brand new kitchen or knocking down a wall to create a great room, but did you know the home renovation project that costs just over $1,000 will give you on average 107% or more return on your investment (ROI) when you sell your home?
2. Steel Entry Door: We know we’re constantly pointing out how having a custom steel security door will make your Mesa, AZ home both more secure and increase curb its appeal, but installing a steel entry door made the report’s number 2 spot for home improvement projects with a high ROI. Plus steel entry and steel screen doors come in a huge variety of options or can be custom made to fit the design of your home.
3. Garage Door: Replacing your garage door is more affordable than you might think and every year it’s near the top of the Remodeling Magazine’s report on cost vs value home improvement projects. Plus you can get a nice garage door for under $4,000 or a more basic model for half that.
4. Manufactured Stone Veneer: Updating the curb appeal of your home doesn’t have to be a gigantic expense, and manufactured stone veneer to accent the outside of your home in Mesa, AZ can help make it stand out from the endless parade of beige stucco exteriors on your street. Plus at an average ROI of 89% for a relatively low cost.
5. Wood Deck Addition: Maybe you don’t think of wood when you picture our desert climate here in Mesa, AZ. Plus stone and concrete pavers for patios have been popular for years here. But even here in the hot southwest, wood decks are gaining in popularity. They’re less expensive than a composite deck and have a higher return on your investment.
So there you have it, the 5 best home improvements that you can make for your money and that will help the most if you’re planning on selling your home. Of course, we’re partial to steel entry doors because they’re one of our specialties here at Eco-Advantage. Maybe you like them too.
Comment below with your budget ideas for home renovation projects. Maybe you know of some that didn’t make the list. And if you’re interested in learning more about how steel entry doors and security screen doors are a great investment for your home, call Eco-Advantage in Mesa, AZ today. 480-380-5572
Categorised in: Security Doors
This post was written by ecoadmin