About twice a year here at Steel Advantage in Phoenix, AZ, we scour the web, architecture magazines, and local neighborhoods for the latest trends in exterior home design. This fall we’ve discovered some exciting trends, including some updates to old standbys that you don’t want to miss out on.
Whether you’re looking for renovation inspiration, a new home for your family, or you just like to dream, our 5 new home trend discoveries are sure to inspire you no matter what your ultimate goals are. Below you’ll find the inside scoop on what’s new for 2017 and 2018.
1. Craftsman Style: Everything old is new again and we’re really happy to see Craftsman-inspired exterior elevations popping up in new homes across the Valley. The American Craftsman or Arts and Crafts style emerged in the late 19th century and was inspired by the British Arts and Crafts movement. It’s had numerous revivals over the years and is enjoying a welcome comeback now.
2. Gray Tones: All over the country, exteriors in shades of gray are popping up. THe trend is so prevalent it’s even starting to influence Phoenix’s normally desert neutral homes. Shades of beige, taupe, and light brown are going away in favor of grays or colors with gray undertones even on stucco homes.
3. Classic White Mediterraneans: One exception to the gray trend is for Mediterranean style exteriors. Please don’t make the mistake of painting this style of home gray. Right now Mediterranean homes are going back to their roots and classic white is the color of the moment with or without the classic red trim. But we’ll get to trim colors later.
4. Grand Front Entrances: For the longest time now, simple front entrances were the thing to have. This trend is, of course, the one we’re the most excited about here at Steel Advantage. This trend means it’s the perfect time to renovate your existing front entry or courtyard with elements like elaborate gates and artistic steel security screen doors. Your imagination can go wild. Only your HOA rules can limit what you do, so go for the renaissance palace look if you want.
5. Unexpected Trim Colors: We promised you we’d get back to trim. For Mediterranean style homes, unexpected trim colors are turning up in shades of orange, and even black, updating the look from reds and rusts to today and beyond. If you’re considering this update, don’t forget to consider the color of the powder coat on your doors, window guards, gates, and railings. Other styles of homes are employing multiple exterior colors for both the walls and the trim. For example, the walls might be gray and then the trim another color, the porch or patio another color, and the front door still a different shade.
We want to know your thoughts. What do you think of the latest home trends? Are then any you think should go away forever? Contact us and let us know. Or if you’re ready to be the first on your block to jazz up your entryway give us a call today!
Categorised in: Security Doors
This post was written by Writer